Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Day of Crafting... (Part 1)

It's Sunday, the weather is amazing, I'm all alone at home if you don't count the dog... And I thought, "What a perfect day to do some crafting!". 

So yesterday I got to the arts and crafts store in town and bought a bunch of paper in all colors of the rainbow. Then I went to the sewing supplies store and got a few ribbons. And finally I hit the Euroland store where I found some amazing stuff I could use in projects. And of course after all this shopping, my hands are itching to do something with them. So here are some of my projects:

The Recycled one

This card has been tucked away in my drawer for a month now. I wanted to give it to a friend of mine but I just couldn't figure out how exactly to salvage the mess that came out the first time I started it.


Here is the mess:



So today I played around with some papers and finally decided on having a white center piece and decorate it with a burned ribbon ( I had this piece of ribbon laying around since Christmas, so I cut it in pieces and burned the edges to give it an older look). But it still wasn't quite there (not that now it is :)) so I took my black stamp and just stamped around. So here is the results:





I'm still not crazy about the result but I think it came out pretty OK. I'm going to include it in these challenges:

Картичкофурийско предизвикателство 210: От нищо нещо - because I used an old unfinished card which I was planning to throw out until Sofi's challenge stirred my mind. So thank you Sofi for making me not waste any materials.

Try it on Tuesday: Music - of course you've noticed the music sheet and the little notes I added inside :)

More to come today...

Have a great day 






1 comment:

  1. Very pretty and great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete