Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Day of Crafting... (Part 3)

This next card started out as a great idea and execution but I hit a few bumps and I had to cover them up and in the end things didn't really turn out the way I wanted them. But I learned a few lessons:

1. Always wait for your ink to dry - it doesn't matter how fast drying it is.
     I didn't wait and I ended up smudging my card with brown ink in places I didn't want to.

2. Whenever you want to do hot embossing, ALWAYS do it before assembling your card (because hot air guns melt plastic transparent windows).
    Of course this is a no brainer but in my defense I was trying to cover up the brown smudges with sea foam white embossing powder. That turned out to be too close to the plastic and it melted right away.
  
So here is the end result of all the cover ups :)



By the way I got those flowers from the Euroland store for 0.65 EUR per a bundle of 9 and they are just great.

So I'm including this one in the same challenges I did with my previous Pink and Yellow and a Touch of Gold:


Last project due to come....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful spring flowers! Good luck! Regards, TokBobok

    ReplyDelete