Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

First entry in a challenge...

Hello again,

Today I am very excited - I'm writing this post to use is as an entry in my first card-making challenge :). 

I'm using one of the projects I already posted here but since I've never done something like this I hope it's OK I'm using a project older than 1 week :)

So let me tell you a bit more about the project. It's not a card per se but something I wanted the person receiving it to use. So as I said in my previous post, I got the idea from YouTube and it's a card with drawers. I thought if I make the drawers and put sticky notes on top, my friend could use the card to take notes and keep paper clips and pins in the drawers and still look at the card and enjoy it.



I wanted to use the little poster ever since I got the pattern paper pack (it was in the middle of a sheet filled with music notes). The Victorian lady and great retro sign ("Birdie Darling") spoke to me from the start. So I cut it out and put a frame around it to make it look like a picture. I made the small roses out of scrap ribbon. And let me tell you the burgundy ones came out really great. I had a piece of wide burgundy ribbon, which I cut in thinner stripes and burned the edges of each stripe. When I started rolling the ribbon into a rose, the burned edges really gave the bud a vintage look.



You can see one of the four drawers and the post-it notes in the next picture.





I didn't want the bright color of the post-its to ruin the whole color pallet of the card so I create this lid over the post-its using one of the other patterns in the pack.


I wrote my message on the first sheet of the post-its but I didn't take a picture of it. 

And that's it. I hope you like it. It's not all that good but I'm getting better. I had a little problem making the drawers and getting them to fit in their boxes and the glue kind of curled the edges of the card. But I'm getting there. I've already discovered the wonder of the double-sided tape and the match boxes.

Now just to add the link to the challenge (doing things for the first time is so frustrating, especially when you don't know how to it). Many thanks to Kali for posting this challenge and I am so happy I can show my work.

Картичкофурийско предизвикателство 209 - „Стара снимка“

2 comments:

  1. Здравей!Май имам честта да напиша първия коментар в твоя блог и се надявам да не е проблем,че не е на английски.Защо си решила да го пишеш така не ми е ясно,но аз продължавам по нашенски. Участието ти е оригинално и нтерсно и защото е първото ти, може би трябва да поясня,че едно от условията на почти всички предизвикателства е да се представиш с проект, който не е публикуван преди старта му. Иначе е чудесна идея за подарък!
    Поздрави и усмивки,
    Кали

    ReplyDelete
  2. Здравей Кали! Благодаря за първия коментар въобще в блога и за окуражаващите думи. А за английския - това ми е изкривяване от училище и университета, понеже всичко учехме и пишехме на английски :)

    Слънчев ден ти пожелавам,

    Деси

    ReplyDelete