Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

A bit of nervousness makes me creative...

There is this huge thing happening at work starting tomorrow and it's going to keep me edged for three days. Especially because I am sort of the one responsible for organizing it and keeping 60 people happy and content. It's very difficult to do so when they all outrank me. So for the past week I've been a wreck especially when I get home because from home I can't do anything (not that when I'm at work I can change that). My hands have been shaking all week and it turned out that making cards is a way to calm myself. It just occupies my mind completely. So here is what came out of my nervous breakdown:

My Best One Yet....

I started this one with a completely different idea in my head than the final result but it turned out just fine. I wanted to do something darker because lately I've been using very sweet, bright colors. Here is what I got:



The day after I made it, I started talking to a colleague of mine about what kept me awake until late the previous night and I showed her my blog. Later that day she called and asked if I could make a card for the birthday of another colleague (I felt so proud of myself - my first order :)) So I added a small pocket for a money gift inside:


The person who received it really loved it :) 

I'm going to enter it in the Crazy Challenge Flower Frenzy:

CCH #167 - Flower Frenzy


Sketchie...

This one is my first following a sketch. I found the Papertake Weekly challenge and I really loved the sketch (#88) they suggested for this challenge. So here is my take on it:




Two more...

Here are two more cards I did this afternoon.



I've trying to use this lace with the cute daisies for some time now but with no luck. So today I took it out and arranged my card around it. I am still trying to master heat embossing as you can see from the mistakes on the silver embossed circles but I'm getting there :)



This one I made with this wonderful pack of designer paper I got on sale  - Garden Party by Dovecrafts. I love all of the designs in the pack so expect a few more projects with it :).

That's all for today... :) Fingers crossed for the next three days...

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are very beautiful, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz for the beautiful words and support :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there, what lovely cards!

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Papertake Weekly.

    Sarah
    (GDT)

    ReplyDelete